Dr. Hotze discusses when you can take bioidentical hormones after having breast cancer. He also addresses the prevention of breast cancer and the importance of progesterone.
We know that breast cancer is commonly caused by hormonal imbalance. Almost all risk factors associated with breast cancer are directly or indirectly related to excess estrogen, or estrogen that is not properly balanced with progesterone. As your body ages, progesterone levels fall faster than estrogen. For many women, progesterone levels fall during the ages of 30-40. This hormonal imbalance can be easily corrected with bioidentical progesterone supplementation, which is identical to the progesterone made by your body. Progesterone (not progestins) should always be used to balance estrogen. It is crucial to differentiate between bioidentical hormones and counterfeit hormones such and Prempro and Premarin.
Beauty is not only about how you look on the outside, it is also about how you feel on the inside. When you feel and look renewed and energetic, other people notice! We have a few tricks to help keep you looking and feeling fresh!
Top 10 Beauty Tricks:
1. Get a restful night’s sleep.
2. Drink at least 8 glasses of water a day.
3. Eat lots of fruits and vegetables.
4. Avoid refined sugar and simple carbohydrates (sugar ages the skin)
5. Include omega-3 fatty acids in your diet.
6. Exfoliate often.
7. Maintain healthy hormone levels.
8. Use Hotze Skin Revitalizer Oil daily as an alternative to moisturizer. This is an all-time favorite and an absolute must-have!
9. WOMEN: Apply Dr. Hotze’s Skin Renewal Cream morning and night on cleansed skin. Visible improvement in skin texture and tone may be seen in as little as 3 weeks. Ladies, this is the cream you don’t want to leave your house without!
10. MEN: Apply Hotze PowerFuel-R daily on the face and neck. This lifting and firming powerhouse cream strengthens the skin, evens out the complexion, and combats the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
Always remember when shopping for any skincare products to check the ingredients and make sure you aren’t putting any harsh chemicals on your skin. Contact Hotze Pharmacy today for questions about our skincare line or to find out how to get your customized skincare preparation!
You have probably heard that progesterone is important for women during pregnancy, but did you know how important it is for your brain? The brain is highly sensitive to progesterone, so ensuring that you have optimal levels of it can be very beneficial.
Here are 6 ways that progesterone benefits your brain:
1. Progesterone has a calming effect.
2. Because levels fall after childbirth, supplementing with progesterone can prevent postpartum depression.
3. Progesterone stimulates the brain’s GABA receptors (those feel-good, calming neurotransmitters).
4. Progesterone helps regulate cognition.
5. Progesterone deficiency can cause depressed, irritable moods.
6. Progesterone has a protective effect by reducing swelling and improving mental clarity after a traumatic brain injury.
To find out more about how progesterone can benefit you or to order a refill of your progesterone, contact Hotze Pharmacy today!
As we enter a new season, many of us worry about getting sick. Dr. Hotze sheds light on why our immune systems sometimes fail us, and how we can prevent this from happening so we don’t get sick!
In addition to treating our allergies and replenishing our hormones, here are some other quick tips to boost your immune system:
1. Sleep restfully each night
2. Choose a healthy diet that includes organic fruits and vegetables
3. Exercise regularly in order to stimulate the immune system
4. Avoid sugars which depresses the immune system
5. Breathe slow, deep breaths to relieve stress
6. Take supplements such as vitamin C, vitamin D, and probiotics
Contact Hotze Pharmacy today to refill your bioidentical hormones and stay healthy this fall!
As strange as it may sound, most people have no idea what exactly their pharmacist can do for them. As shown in this report to the U.S. Surgeon General, pharmacists can serve in a variety of roles – many you may not have ever realized!
In case you’re wondering, here are a few things that your pharmacists at Hotze Pharmacy can do for you:
1. We are your advocate! We will work with you to come up with solutions that will help you be successful on your treatment, as well as save you money and decrease the number of capsules you take per day.
2. We can initiate or adjust treatment. If you are interested in trying prescription skincare, like Hotze Skincare RX, just let us know! We will be happy to contact your provider for a prescription.
3. We can educate and provide counseling. If you are having trouble managing your hormones or have any questions about your hormone supplementation, we are here to help you! By phone or in person, we can help you come up with a plan that will work for you.
Contact us today at 281-828-9088 for counseling, for skincare prescriptions, or for help with finding solutions to be successful on your treatment program!
Here are 7 things you need to stop doing to your skin:
1. Skimp on Sleep. Sleeping 7 to 8 hours a night is a crucial step to achieving healthy skin. Not only will you minimize dark circles, but sleep is the best thing you can do to maintain skin tone!
2. Talking on Your Cell Phone. This is a tough one to avoid, but try using speaker phone or head phones more often! You phone carries a lot of bacteria on the screen that is terrible for your skin to be constantly pressed against it.
3. Drinking Too Much Caffeine and Too Little Water. Caffeine dehydrates your skin which is one of the quickest ways to wrinkles. Drink at least 8 glasses of water a day and limit your caffeine intake to prevent premature aging.
4. Sleeping with Your Makeup On. Though it sometimes seems convenient, this is a habit you have to break! Sleeping in your makeup clogs pores, causing breakouts and skin irritation.
5. Lingering in the Bathtub or Shower. This is another bad habit that causes skin dehydration and premature aging. Try not to spend too much time in the shower, and always be sure to moisturize when you get out.
6. Getting Too Much or Too Little Sun. When it comes to sun exposure, getting too little can be as bad as getting too much. Make sure you wear a paraben-free sunscreen when you are at the beach, but also make sure you are getting adequate amounts of Vitamin D!
7. Using Products with Too Many Harsh Ingredients. This is one of the hardest habits to break because we all love our products. However, the more ingredients in a product (especially harsh chemicals), usually means more long-term damage. A good trick is to keep your products simple. Choose products with a short list of all-natural ingredients!
Are you interested in trying a new skincare regimen customized for you? Hotze Skincare RX formulations are made with all-natural ingredients that will renew, refresh and revitalize your tired skin! Contact Hotze Pharmacy today to find out more.
Everyone, both men and women, would love to have younger looking skin. With all of the toxins that our bodies are exposed to daily, this task is getting harder and harder for all of us to achieve. However, there are a few things each of us can do to make sure that we are protecting our skin. These five tricks will keep you looking young and fresh without the use of harmful and painful injections!
1. Drink water. 8 glasses of water daily will help rid your skin and body of toxins.
2. Get 8 hours of sleep regularly. Regular sleep not only keeps the dark circles and fine lines away, but also helps maintain skin tone.
3. Use sunscreen daily. Be sure that your sunscreen is paraben-free.
4. WOMEN: Apply Dr. Hotze’s Skin Renewal Cream morning and night on cleansed skin. Visible improvement in skin texture and tone may be seen in as little as 3 weeks. Ladies, this is the cream you don’t want to leave your house without!
5. MEN: Apply Hotze PowerFuel-R daily on the face and neck. This lifting and firming powerhouse cream strengthens the skin, evens out the complexion, and combats the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
Contact Hotze Pharmacy today to ask about getting your customized Hotze Skincare product!
1. Squalane Oil
Squalane is oil from the olive. It has unique anti-oxidant properties that protect the skin from free-radical damage.
Why we love it: Squalane mimics are body’s natural moisturizers, so it not only intensely hydrates, but also protects us from toxins!
2. Rosehip Oil
Rosehip oil rich in Vitamins A and E and essential fatty acids which make it incredibly nourishing. It is recognized for its nourishing, healing and protective qualities.
Why we love it: Rosehip oil is non-greasy and super light which makes it incredibly easy to wear every day to hydrate and decrease damage to the skin!
3. Argan Oil
Argan Oil, coming from the Argan Tree in Morrocco, is also rich in Vitamin E and essential fatty acids. This oil is growing rapidly in popularity due to its extraordinary hydrating and anti-wrinkle properties.
Why we love it: Argan Oil can be used on your skin, hair and nails. It truly is a natural, all-purpose oil that you can wear head to toe!
These three oils are the best, all-natural oils you can find for your skin! When shopping for skincare products, check the ingredients to make sure you are getting the highest quality oils to benefit your skin. Hotze Skincare RX, available at Hotze Pharmacy, contains these ingredients and other natural ingredients to help you put your best face forward! Contact Hotze Pharmacy today for questions about our skincare products or to find out how to get your customized skincare preparation!