Every day our bodies are exposed to huge amounts of toxins in our environment. They come in the form of alcohol, pesticides, insecticides, preservatives in our foods, parabens and other chemicals in lotions, etc. If left alone, these toxins will overtake our bodies, leading us to heart disease, cancer, diabetes, high blood pressure, degenerative arthritis and other serious health conditions.
Furthermore, these chemicals are hormone disruptors, causing the balance of hormones to fall out of balance. For men, this affects testosterone levels. Symptoms of hormonal imbalance from toxins include dizziness, loss of mental acuity, weight gain, joint and muscle aches and pains, and fatigue. If you experience any of these symptoms, it is important to detoxify your body before they lead to more serious health conditions.
Here are three simple steps to start cleaning the chemicals out of your body:
1. Eat healthy, organic foods that have not been exposed to pesticides.
2. Supplement with bioidentical testosterone to restore healthy hormone levels.
3. Supplement with vitamins and minerals such as Magnesium, Vitamin C and Alpha Lipoic Acid.
If you are currently using injectable testosterone, check out our new needleless system that will help you get the most out of every vial!
Our new vial adapter system has 3 great benefits for anyone who is using injectable testosterone.
1. It allows for less waste of the solution as some of the medication is not isolated in the needle that was previously switched.
2. By piercing the stopper once, you have less chance of contamination of the medication, leakage of the product, or tearing of the rubber stopper.
3. There is less chance of hurting oneself using this method because you are not switching the needles out or carrying additional needles.
Watch this video for a demonstration on how the needleless system works!
Happy Men’s Health Month! With Father’s Day approaching, we have a few tips to ensure that the men who do so much for everyone else invest in themselves and their health. Here are four easy tips for every man to live a longer, healthier and more active life!
1. Maintain optimal levels of testosterone. Balanced hormone levels are important for prostate health, heart health, energy, muscle mass and strength, to name a few.
2. Eliminate sugars and processed foods from your diet. Fill your diet with whole foods, fruits and vegetables. As Hippocrates said, “Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food.”
3. Incorporate weight training in your exercise routine. As men age, weight training in addition to cardio exercise becomes increasingly important to burn fat and maintain muscle mass and strength.
4. Add Saw Palmetto and Vitamin D to your daily diet for prostate health. These supplements will strengthen your immune system and improve urinary flow, thereby protecting your prostate.
Be sure to pass these along to your father, husband, son or friends to make sure that everyone you love is living their best!
There is more to low testosterone than low libido. While it’s true that maintaining optimal levels of testosterone is crucial to maintaining a healthy libido, muscle mass and heart health, there are also several unknown symptoms of low testosterone that are caused by hormonal imbalance in men.
Here are 5 less known symptoms of low testosterone:
1. Memory loss
4. Poor concentration
5. Lack of drive and motivation.
If you are experiencing any of those symptoms, don’t worry! You are not alone and hope is not lost! By simply refilling your tank with bioidentical testosterone, you can replace all that you have lost. You might even find you have a new passion and vigor for life that you’ve never experienced before!
These days there is an app for everything and that includes apps designed to help you take your medications on time! Do you forget to order refills until you are already on your last pill? Don’t worry, these apps have you covered!
1. Pill Reminder
Brought to you by Drugs.com, the Pill Reminder is an incredibly flexible and easy-to-use application. It is not only a pill and refill reminder, but also a comprehensive personal medication record (PMR) app for your iPhone. Use this app to manage any combination of medications and vitamins/supplements.
The Top Rated medication reminder, if you need to track your medications, this is the app for you! MediSafe is a beautiful, visual and easy-to-use pill reminder and medication management app. It will help you take your medicine on time and safely.
Hormones are chemical messengers for the cells. The term “bioidentical” is used to describe a compound that possesses an identical molecular structure to what the human body naturally produces.
Are they safe?
The distribution of false information has caused many people to question the safety and effectiveness of bioidentical hormones. Bioidentical hormones are a safe and effective solution for hormonal imbalance and/or decline in men and women, because they are naturally produced by the body and are essential to proper function.
What about birth control pills, Premarin or Provera?
These drugs are synthetic hormones which are devised in a lab to mimic bioidentical hormones, but have a host of dangerous side effects, including an increased risk of blood clots, stroke, heart disease and breast cancer.
1. What is the big deal? The Center for Disease Control released a report claiming that over two million people get sick and 23,000 people die each year of drug-resistant infections called superbugs.
2. How did this happen? The superbug came about because for the last several decades, doctors have been freely handing out prescriptions for antibiotics. In fact, the CDC estimates half of these prescriptions are completely unnecessary.
3. What if I am sick? Dr. Hotze suggests that, for an acute illness, such as strep throat or a sinus infection, the drug approach may be appropriate. However, few patients with chronic ailments ever really get well by taking drugs. Chronic illness and disease are not caused by deficiencies of prescription drugs.
4. What can I do to avoid the superbug? The CDC lists candida (yeast) as one of the serious threats. We know an abundance of candida in your body can cause a host of problems, so not only should we refuse unnecessary antibiotics, but we should limit the amount of yeast and sugar we consume.
5. Where do we go from here? Healthcare providers across the country need to come to the realization that there needs to be a major shift in the way we practice medicine. By following Dr. Hotze’s lead and helping patients get well naturally, we can lessen the impact of the superbug.
As National Stress Awareness Month draws to a close, we want to make sure that you are informed about how chronic stress affects your health by leading to adrenal fatigue.
Mainstream physicians may diagnose you with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, but this is just a description of your condition, not the underlying cause. If you have difficulty recovering from stress, chronic fatigue, dizziness or recurrent infections, it is likely that you are suffering from adrenal fatigue.
Adrenal fatigue occurs when the adrenal glands do not produce adequate amounts of the body’s stress hormone, cortisol. Cortisol is essential to our life because it enables us to handle stress and change. However when our cortisol levels are low, we begin to feel the symptoms of adrenal fatigue. Balancing your hormones with bioidentical cortisol is the best way to take back control of your life!
*Tip from Dr. Hotze: “In addition to balancing your hormones with cortisol, Vitamin C is an important nutrient for our adrenal glands. The adrenal cortex has the highest concentration of vitamin C of all the organs in the body, and the cells of this gland use it at a higher rate than any other cells. Vitamin C enhances immunity, which is often impaired in those with adrenal insufficiency. During times of stress, our bodies excrete vitamin C more rapidly, making our need for this vitamin even greater.
I advise all of my adult patients to supplement with 3,000–6,000 mg of vitamin C per day. A slow-release buffered form is best to prevent over acidity of the stomach and to ensure sustained blood levels throughout the day.”
Are you constantly exhausted?
Do you worry or have anxiety over small things?
Do you get lightheaded when you stand up?
Do you have difficulty focusing or concentrating?
Do you feel stressed all the time?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, you may be suffering from adrenal fatigue.
What is adrenal fatigue?
Your two adrenal glands are key players in your body’s response to stress, as they produce cortisol, our natural stress hormone. Cortisol enables us to handle stress and change, however when our adrenal glands cannot keep up with the high demand of cortisol needed by our body, we begin to feel the symptoms of adrenal fatigue.
How can adrenal fatigue be treated?
The most effective way to treat adrenal fatigue and stop the feeling of constant stress is to balance your hormone levels using bioidentical cortisol.
If you think you may be suffering from adrenal fatigue, contact Hotze Pharmacy today to find out more about how we can help you overcome your chronic stress and revitalize your life!