If you’re participating in the Yeast-Free with Me Challenge you may find lunch to be difficult. Between business lunches and forgetting to pack your lunch each morning, it can be very easy to fall off of the wagon. . Here are five of my favorite yeast-free lunch ideas:
1) Vegetable and meat stir-fry: On Sundays I will heat up my wok, use a little bit of coconut oil and seasonings and stir fry a variety of seasonal vegetables along with chicken, beef or shrimp. I then package my stir-fry in easy to-go containers so I can grab it in the morning on my way out the door!
2) Bagged salad: I usually keep a few bags of salad in the refrigerator at work. I especially like the Dole varieties that have an assortment of vegetables in them such as sugar snap peas, grape tomatoes and radish! In place of dressing try tossing your salad in hummus and lemon juice!
3) Sandwiches: You may have thought sandwiches were off of the list since you are not allowed to have bread, but think outside the box! Large leaf lettuce such as Romaine makes a wonderful wrap that you can fill with meats and vegetables. Avocado also makes a wonderful spread to replace mayonnaise.
4) You pick the lunch restaurant: Plenty of restaurants have Yeast-Free options. When the office decides to go to lunch pipe-up and you pick the place! Restaurants such as Chipotle, Freebirds or Mongolian Grills that allow you to pick your own ingredients and put them on top of a bed of lettuce make for a filling and excellent lunch.
5) Make your lunch Eggcellent: Hardboiled eggs make great and portable salad toppers and even make delicious fillings for lettuce-wrapped sandwiches. I usually boil half a dozen eggs on Sunday night and pack them along for my lunch.
Please share with us in the comments section any Yeast-Free lunch ideas you love!