Tomorrow a small army of ghouls and goblins will be knocking on your door saying, “Trick or Treat!” With so many children having food allergies, food sensitivities and specialized diets, candy is not always the best option. Here are a few fun and festive alternatives to giving out traditional candy! As an added bonus you won’t have giant bowls of candy lying around your house to tempt you!
- Halloween stickers: Stickers are a classic that kids love! They are also inexpensive and can easily be found at your neighborhood dollar store.
- Glow sticks: Glow sticks are bright, colorful and kids and adults both love them! They can also be found at the dollar store.
- Rings: Anywhere that sells Halloween candy is also bound to have spider, bat and skull plastic rings. These are super festive and are a great inexpensive way to fill your treat bowl.
- Bubbles: Bubbles can be purchased in bulk, are inexpensive, and a lot of fun for kids to play with.
- Halloween-themed school supplies: Anything from Halloween themed pencils and pens to small holiday shaped note-pads.
Happy Halloween everyone!