Football season is here and that means grillin’ and chillin with friends and family for the game! I have found a delicious and easy recipe for yeast-free barbeque sauce that mimics the best store-bought stuff! It tastes great on chicken, pork, beef and even as a condiment on sandwiches or a sauce on chicken wings! Please use this recipe only if you are past week two of the diet, it does contain apple juice and lemon juice.
- 1 6 oz can of tomato paste
- 2 ½ cups of water
- 2 teaspoons of onion powder
- ½ teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon of smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 2 teaspoons of garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons of unsweetened apple juice
- 3 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice
- 4 packets of Sweet-N-Natural or Stevia
I like to use the large bowl of my mixer for this. Place tomato paste in the mixing bowl and slowly mix in water until your desired consistency is reached. For thicker sauce use less water, for thinner sauce more. Add all other ingredients and mix well. Taste and tweak seasonings to adjust for your personal taste. Place in container and keep for up to one week. Shake before each use.