I just can’t stop bragging about our fabulous compounding team! They have reformulated Dr. Hotze’s Antifungal Nail Solution to battle multiple causes of nail infection including fungal infections, candida and microbial infection. The new and improved Dr. Hotze’s Antifungal Nail Solution contains the following ingredients:
- Terbinafine and Itraconazole: Broad-spectrum antifungal agents. They prohibit the formation of ergosterol, an essential component of fungal cell membranes.
- Tea Tree Oil: A natural antifungal that compromises the fungal cytoplasmic membrane.
- Biotin (Vitamin H): A key component for faster nail growth, which will help in replacing the diseased nail.
- Urea: Enhances the effectiveness of the ingredients in the preparation by softening the nail.
- DMSO: Enhances the penetration into the nail and nail bed.
So don’t let winter rolling around be an excuse to hide your nails under mittens and boots! Dr. Hotze’s Antifungal Nail Solution does require a prescription, and can be ordered by contacting a representative with Hotze Pharmacy. The current cost is $39 a bottle.