Do you have a Flexible Spending Account (FSA)? If so, in most cases you must use the funds by the end of the year or else you will lose them! To help you out, we have a few ideas to help ensure that you are getting the most out of your FSA.
Here are 5 ways to use your FSA effectively:
1. Refill your prescriptions now! Use up your funds and skip the holiday rush on refills!
2. Know when your plan ends so you can budget accordingly. Most FSAs end on December 31, but some plans allow for an extension.
3. Submit your receipts. Look for receipts for prescriptions and medical expenses you’ve already paid so you can be sure you get reimbursed.
4. Stock up on over-the-counter products. Band-Aids, crutches, first aid kits, and reading glasses may be covered. Vitamins and supplements usually qualify, too, if you have a letter from your doctor.
5. Get a massage! If it is considered treatment for a medical condition, your FSA may cover a massage.
Don’t let your money go to waste when you can be spending it wisely on things you need! If you have any other questions about using your FSA or would like to refill your prescriptions to use up your FSA, contact Hotze Pharmacy today!