In Texas, it doesn’t feel like the summer heat has left us quite yet. One of the major things I like to use witch hazel for is to soothe an aching sun burn, but you will be quite surprised to find it does much more than that!
Here are 10 wonderful ways to use witch hazel:
- Spot and blemish control. Witch hazel can reduce inflammation of pimples and can help cleanse acne spots.
- Soothes diaper rash. A little witch hazel on a cotton ball can remedy your baby’s bottom in a hurry.
- Shrinks under eye bags by tightening skin.
- Soothes poison ivy and poison oak by relieving the itching and swelling.
- Heals bruises faster.
- Soothes razor burn by stopping the bumps from forming up around irritated hair follicles.
- Treats and soothes sunburn (my favorite), and lessen peeling and flaking.
- Treats dry skin. Apply witch hazel after you shower to dry areas to lock-in the moisture.
- Prevents bug bites from itching with its anti-inflammatory properties.
- Used to heal cuts and scrapes. Apply a dab to prevent infection and encourage healing.